Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I Hate Accounting

I really do. I hate accounting. I'm keeping my one client because it's a good source of income but I absolutely hate the stress of checking figures and having to be pudentic about everything (so picky - eeks!) - I hate being paranoid about things. Is it just me or are all accountants like me - paranoid people? People that like to be in-control. It's so opposite from my other career - counselling.

My latter career tries to heal a person from being a perfectionist and my former career creates a perfectionist!!! No wonder I've been so stressed lately. The tension within me is slowly taking the toil on me and I'm going to have to choose one or the other or risk having a multiple personality disorder!

But giving up my accounting client means I'll have to work full-time as a counsellor to make up for the income loss and put my son in childcare full-time. That's the other tension. I don't really want to have my son in a daycare 5 days a week but I don't really know what to do with my time with him either when I've got him at home. I really do feel really guilty about putting him in full-time care. On the other hand, I don't really know how to fill my time with him and also feel guilty about not keeping him occupied enough. What should I do with a 3 year old day in and day out besides playing with the same toys, watching the same programs and going to the same shops???

Now, know what I mean about becoming a perfectionist?! Someone please help me with ideas on what to do with a 3 year old in a country town where nothing much happens. Lots of outdoors but I'm not a big outdoor person. I could stay indoor (not necessary at home) the whole day and for weeks and months and it would not bother me.

4 comments:

leo said...

You may not know it but I think your son is just so glad that you are with him even thou you are not doin anything. I used to think that I'm not doing enough as a mom which I probably am till now. My hubby is a better parent and I'm still learning after all thse years and 2 boys later. take care.

John14:6 said...

Thanks, Leo. Yes,you're right. I wait for him to be bigger so I can take him to gym classes, music, dance and drama lessons but there's probably a reason why these classes don't take children his age - it's just not age appropriate.

A family friend said to me today that at his age, he just needs to learn attachment, separation, individuation and trust with his significant others and here I am trying to fast forward things.

Ask Alwin said...

Have you try cashflow manager software - http://www.au.cashflow-manager.com/? You can focus on bookkeeping while hiring an accountant to do the other work for u to reduce your stress level

Anonymous said...

You can read him the bible stories from now :) Its good to have your children get to know God early~~~the link below is to a Christian Publication.
http://www.watchtower.org/e/my/article_00.htm