Thursday, August 16, 2007

Where was I?

Wow... it's been a very long time. So long that I had forgotten how to post a blog and even forgotten my password! Took me quite a while fumbling around trying to even get my URL.

I'm blogging because I'm in a hotel room all on my own in Darwin, 3-4 hours drive away (depending on how fast you drive and how many cars are on the road) from my husband and son. I had to do a training in 123-Magic in Darwin today and had to stay 2 nights in a hotel coz I wasn't game to drive myself up just in case I fell asleep on the wheel, which I had done once a couple of years ago. Thankfully there were no cars on the road I was driving on. The next coach back is tomorrow morning.

Believe it or not, it's my first time leaving my son behind. That brought up a lot of my past experiences as a child. As a child I used to suffer great separation anxiety when mum went away. Not that she went away a lot but I remembered those times well. I remembered crying myself to sleep and praying every night that she will return. I remembered the separation itself was a traumatic time for me. I didn't want my son to experience the same things I did. I dreaded the separation for weeks coming into it. I would have cancelled the trip if it wasn't for the topic of the course - 123 Magic - a course to train trainers how to discipline a child without spanking, yelling and threats!

I knew it was going to benefit me as well as my career if I did the course considering it was being paid for by my employer. It was hard to tear apart from my child for 2 nights but I knew it was going to empower me to be a better mum and for me to help empower other mums.

Maybe given the surrounding context, I am feeling a bit vulnerable and a low about myself. My husband says I'm normally a confident person and everyone feels like that every now and again. I did feel better to think that what I'm feeling is normal and it did diffuse the blues.

I am now looking forward to my trip back to my family and implementing the 123 Magic. Hopefully it will be magic. I think I was the only one that sounded really apprehensive about the course - only because until I see the results for myself, I ain't raving on about it yet. I must admit id did sound very psychologically sound and right though. A lot more meat than the 123-Magic book itself presents.

Till my next... whenever that's going to be!

No comments: