Saturday, June 24, 2006

Hong Kong Disneyland

A few months ago, my high tech friend Jaywalk told me I could do a video blog by uploading my video clips on this site. So I thought I give it a try.

Here's a video of the fireworks at the Hong Kong Disneyland. If I'm not wrong, they do this every night as their closing parade. I thought it was pretty impressive. Not as impressive as the Sydney New Year's Eve Fireworks but pretty good for something that's done on a daily basis.

View video here

I heard a lot of ill report of the Hong Kong Disneyland but mostly 3rd hand stories. One was that many of the people that go to Hong Kong Disneyland are from China and the Chinese do not know how to give each other personal space in queues (in general, that is) so that makes the whole experience very unpleasant especially when the queues are terribly long. The other was the place is not very hygienic because they (the Chinese) spit a lot. There was also complaints that it was too small and therefore not worth going.

Well, I actually had quite a good time there and didn't experience any of the problems others had encountered. The queues weren't too long - with the exception of checking in at the Hollywood hotel. I had to queue for almost 45 minutes just to get checked in. Maybe it wasn't quite peak period yet when we went. I found on the contrary, the place very clean. Almost like a cleaner was trailing behind us to pick after us everywhere we went.

The only other complaint I have is again with the hotel. On the website, it was stated that the rate of the hotel included all mini-bar, but when we got there, it was an EMPTY fridge.

The queing problem I did encounter, but not at Disney. It was at the airport. We went to the airport well before the counters were opened for checking in. So we were the first in the queue. We left a 1m space between the counter and us for thoroughfare. 1 minute before the counters were opened, a busload of Chinese tourists came along and helped themselves to the space in front of us. I was flabbergasted! Anyway, I was thankful it didn't happen again. The ugly side of me would have probably surfaced.

I also uploaded some pictures but while uploading I decided to surf the net as well and for some reason lost the page altogether so maybe another time....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Acherly you are better off with an empty fridge for the mini bar prices are a rip off.

John14:6 said...

Jay, but they said the price is all inclusive of the mini-bar and then we get an empty minibar. Might as well don't say anything about the minibar being included. That's false advertising to me, mah. That's why bo-song.

Mother Superior said...

Hallo, my sympathies to Aussies for the 91st minute goal by Italy. Hubs said that was a cheat actually and Hiddink should protest.

Anyhow, you don't have to wake up at 3am now with SK.

peaprincess said...

nice video clip! did you complain abt the mini bar?

John14:6 said...

Peaprincess: No, didn't complain coz I didn't have the paperwork with me and they acted to blur about the whole thing that I couldn't be bothered arguing. Language barrier can be such a smooth-over sometimes coz it's tiring when you have to repeat yourself over and over again so they get your point. That's the same with the busload of chinese tourists. Couldn't be bothered-too much hard work!

MS: Yes, I was very disappointed for the Socceroos. It's not fair, but that's the way the cookie crumbles in sports. It's not always fair but it's all part of the game! My favourite player is actually the goalkeeper, Mark Schwazer. I think he's such a quiet achiever and I really felt it for him, and the rest of the team of course. Anyway, nevermind. Hubs said he's still going to watch the matches coz he's now taken a liking for the game! :I