Friday, June 23, 2006

Second Round of World Cup

As we woke ourselves up at what I call an unearthly hour (4.30am) and sat through a gruelling match against Croatia, I questioned why I put myself through all that. Why do we purposely subject ourselves to pain and agony just to feel the exhilaration at winning a game? The game was crucial for the World Cup yes, but it is definitely NOT crucial to life.

So forgive me Socceroos and all Socceroos' fans, but I half hoped that we will lose so that all this late nights and early morning wakings would end now and life will revert to some sort of normality for us. Now we have to go through another round of it all. I think my heart (and my body) is not that strong to sit through the second round.

Then again, this is one aspect of living life to the fullest. Perhaps this is what it means to stop and smell the roses and to seize the day?

No comments: