Friday, March 03, 2006

God The Puzzle Fixer

I am amazed at how God pieces fragments of our lives together. How nothing goes to waste and everything has a place in the end. I only see some of that now and am amazed. I can't wait to see the end result of that picture!

I am reminded today of that as I went along my merry way performing what I thought was a tedious task of having to relodge Kyzac's passport application for the 3rd time. Our faces were too big the first time, I had to fill-up a new form for myself the second time, and then now, the passport office has come back to say Kyzac's form is out of date and we need to lodge a new application for him!

Anyway, I dropped in to see my pastor's wife to see if she would sign as guarantor for Kyzac's application since my neighbour is at work. We talked about other things and all of a sudden, it became a divine appointment. It was a very fruitful and encouraging visit.

3 years ago, I did some changes to my life which were pretty abnormal. I quit my secure full-time accounting job to be retrained as a Counsellor. I also did a diploma in Nail Technology (Essentially a Nail Artist course). I just did it because it was in my heart to do it for over a year and those desires just wouldn't go away. What seemed to be a strange thing to do suddenly seemed to all come together as we chatted.

My pastor's wife shared about how suddenly excited she is about a project we had previously talked about because of something she had read the last three days. Although we had previously discussed it, I wasn't sure if it was going to take off. Now, God has got her all excited to go full trottle with it and I feel like I've been placed here for such a time as this. It is amazing because 3 years ago, as I started my Counselling and my Nail Technology courses, not knowing where it was going to lead, I got a word from a lady that said I would be like Esther in the bible who was "born for such a time as this". I've been wondering for 3 years, what exactly that is. Suddenly, pieces of that puzzle are falling into place and I see a little more of that picture that God is fixing. Prophecies I've been given over the years are now beginning to make some sense.

I can't help but get excited each time I think about the completed puzzle! Sometimes life seems like it's going nowhere or we wonder why we're doing what we're doing. Just keep doing what God has asked you to do last and trust because He is not a man that He should lie, but what He said He definitely will bring to past.

I hope this has encouraged you as much as it has encouraged me!

No comments: