Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Unloading

Kyzac is asleep and I'm hoping I'd have some time to do some reflecting today. I've left it for a while and I'm beginning to feel it - insecurities and a general unsettledness is starting to weigh me down. It's time to stop, ponder, go through my baggage and do some off-loading. Jesus said, "Come to me all you who labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest" (Matthew 11:28-29).

Why is my load heavy? Have I been doing things in my own strength? I beat myself up for things I have no control of with work related issues and I try and control the what-if's in my life. I wonder if I should be less this and more that. I wonder if I've made the right decisions. I've been doing a lot of wondering lately. I'm tired now. I think I'll just stop wondering and keep going with what I was doing before I started wondering and walk by faith, not by sight.

The cares of this world is so distracting and easily taken on. I didn't even know it's crept in until now. It's easy to fall into the trap of comparing myself to other people and chasing other people's dreams. Thank God I'm not meant to be like anyone else. I'm meant to be ME, what a relief! I have a purpose to fulfil and that is to be me!

1 comment:

John14:6 said...

Jomel, yes, we are our own worse enemy, isn't it? Yes, let go and let God is definitely the way... like the birds and the flowers in the fields. But letting go and trusting God is definitely a moment by moment thing. One day at a time...

Life is too short to not live the moment huh?