Saturday, July 02, 2011

The weeds are choking me...

The parable about the sower who sowed seeds that fell on 4 different medium - some fell on the wayside (on the road, I guess) and got eaten by the birds; some fell on stony ground and it grew but did not have strong roots and died eventually; some fell amongst the weed and got choked by the weeds and some fell on good soil and became good.

Sometimes I feel like the seed amongst the weeds. These weeds are towering and pressing. They seem to grow overnight and they grow very fast. It overshadows and overtakes quickly with no warning... before I know it, the weeds are in my space, my life and binding me.

How did it happen so quickly?

Time to weed out these pesksy things in my life. Time to identify the weeds from the plants. Those that need nurturing and those that need pulling out from the root.

Ok... so what would the weeds be in my life right now? The construction work that's stalled and going nowhere due to lack of funds. The uncertainty and tossing in the wind attitude about my work - swaying between making money and making disciples; between raising my children with scrutiny and with blinkers on...

The stress and pressures of life can so easily take our focus away and dim our perspective of the real world - our spirituality and spiritual eternal life.

My prayer today is that the Lord gives me spiritual discernment to identify the weeds. The Lord himself pulls out those weeds. The Lord gives me strength to grow in His purposes and to carry out His will. The Lord gives me His wisdom.

"Lord, I need you. Without you nothing seems to give satisfaction. I struggle to know and discern when things are of you and when things are of my own finite analysis and perception. I struggle to know when it is your voice I hear. So Lord give me spiritual discernment so that I can choose rightly."




No comments: