Friday, July 22, 2011

Why I need to blog

I was looking forward to this morning bible study - I must admit, not so much for the study but to meet and catch-up with the people in church.

I wanted to catch up with Shirley to talk about my thoughts on volunteering in the Community Support Agency at church.  I want to help expand the service and bring in some grants to service some programs etc... wanted her opinion on who is the best person to talk to about that.  But, she as busy organizing and preparing for the bible study.  Then came in Noreen.  I wanted to talk to her about what a great job her husband was doing at our house and about anything but she too got caught up with preparing for the meeting.  Then Sharon came in and she asked me how things are with me... I started sharing a bit and we got interrupted by Noreen asking us to sign Karen's 50th birthday card and if we would like to put in $5 for Karen's layby bike.  Then Kylie entered.  We started getting tea and chatted about what I did during the school holidays etc.  We proceeded to the table to talk and we were on a very interesting topic about the church she attended last Sunday... and we got interrupted by this card round again - the parcel came to be signed... so I started on that and Annemarie arrived.  She started another conversation about her struggles etc.  We were going to get into it when we were interrupted to break up into groups for the study.  I explained that I might have to leave early if I receive a phone call from our Westpac assessor.  Next thing was, my husband rang to say he's feeling sick and needed to be picked up from work.  So I left bible study even before it started!  I can't stand it that I no longer can finish a conversation without being interrupted.  That we do not have a lot of time to talk with one another, more importantly, to listen to one another properly without being interrupted.

So what is it about our lives that we lead so busy lives and are so used to not finishing our conversation that we don't see anything wrong interrupting conversations??!

No comments: