Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Best Husband Award

I have to acknowledge the great support and effort my husband has given me over the 4 day-long weekend. I already appreciate his support with the housework and with parenting our son. I think he's a great dad and husband but this weekend, I thought he deserved an oscar awards like the one Mother-Superior's husband got for her from the States.

As I was pretty runned down by the end of last week, I told hubs that I needed him to do the waking up during the night over the 4 day-long weekend since he wasn't going to work. Hopefully Ky would get back to sleeping longer as well without the breastfeeds.

Not only did he wake up all throughout the night for the whole 4 nights, he let me sleep in and took Ky out as much as he could to give me a break! At a garden party we went to on Sunday night, he watched Ky the whole time while I sat and chatted with the ladies the whole night. By the end of the long weekend, I felt soooo much better and more energised and Ky was starting to sleep better.

How's that for a wonderful father and husband! I feel really bad though when hubs came down with a cough and cold at his first day back at work! :o(

3 comments:

Richard said...

Good for you!

But I would think that is what a husband would do anyway (aside from breastfeeding).

John14:6 said...

Richard that's true. But I also know some husbands wouldn't and that's why I want to give praise so I don't take him for granted and also to practise giving praise/affirmation where it's due :)

Richard said...

That's good. All too often we forget to praise, preferring instead to flatter.

Your moderation option freaked me out a bit yesterday because I did not see my post after submitting it (like I did before).