Saturday, April 08, 2006

STRENGTH

Following from my last post, the legacy I would like to leave behind for my future generation is STRENGTH. I think it encompasses a whole lot of other character traits. Traits which makes a person able to withstand the problems and issues surrounding them and under all circumstances, be able to stand firm on his beliefs and values that will help him be successful in achieving his purpose in life.

I suppose my blogs and whatever other memoirs I may leave behind may be sources of strength for my future generation. A source that will hopefully point to the true source of strength, our Lord Jesus Christ.

Strength to lead, strength to stand firm in times of persecution, strength to choose the right from wrong, strength to love, strength to submit to one another, strength to be who they are born to be. Strength against condemnations, against the decaying morality of this world, against the counterfiet analgesics of this world - the relief of pain from drug and alcohol abuse and other debilitating addictions. Strength against the evil temptations of this world - pride, greed and selfishness.

Strength to know that they are free to have everything and be anything when they submit themselves to their Creator and Saviour, the triune God, the Father, the Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ.

That's a big task!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey.

Not sure if you've gotten my earlier MSN.

My blog address has changed to http://jaywalk.blog-city.com

Please update your links ok?

Mother Superior said...

I may have said this before, but in my many years of knowing you (since you were in P6, I think - I may even have a pix of you then with short crop, I can safely say, you have grown from strength to strength. May God keep and guide you even as you pass this trait to Ky.

John14:6 said...

Jay: Thanks for updating me. I've done the changes. Maybe I should change my blog too and start afresh.

Mother superior:Not. p6 but sec2 perhaps-that's when i have short crop for a few years. The first time we met was when you were teaching us GB girls how to sing!

You know, that means a lot coming from someone who's known me for more than half my life. *Hugs*. Love you!